Hosting a sleepover? Sending your child off to one?
Sleepovers are awesome! Life should be fun but free from lice. Here are a few things to keep your child from bringing them into your home or from others leaving them behind in your home:
1. Make sure your child with braidable hair keeps it braided for their entire stay. Head to head contact with free flying hair is the most common way to contract head lice.
- Remind them to have fun but to keep from sharing devices or sleeping on top of each other. Educate your child to not allow others to hangout or sleep on/in their space.
- Upon conclusion of the fun:
- empty all dirty laundry into the washer followed by the dryer immediately for 30 minutes.
- Perform a wet lice check before your child gets settled.
- When the party was held at your home
- Coralle the kids to one area, a playroom or bedroom. This makes for easy “lice sweeping” in the morning
- be sure to keep all furniture covered with sheets, that way you only need to put them in the dryer for 30 minutes when the party goers have left.
These simple steps can help keep lice out of your home and lives!